Overall results for all species for the Southern Classic:
Champ – Rylee Cass
Reserve – James Cleere
Champ – James Cleere
Reserve – Paige Phillips
Champ – Courtney Thurman
Reserve – Colby Rutherford
Champ -Wade Tittle
Reserve – Austin Canatella
Champ – Mason Martinez
Reserve – Mason Martinez
Date: December 5-7, 2014
Location: Brazos County Expo
Early Bird Registration: October 15 – December 1, 2014
Fee: $30.00 per family – Early Bird Registration
$40.00 per family – On-site Registration
Registration includes participation in all workshops & shows offered on Saturday and Sunday. There is no individual fee per animal. Just one fee for each family.
Friday: December 5, 2014
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Early livestock arrival and move in
Saturday: December 6, 2014
7:00 am – 9:00 am Arrival and Check-in
9:00 am Report to General Session
9:30 am – 10:45 am General Session: Speed Judging
10:45 am – 12:15 am Concurrent Species Workshops
12:15 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch catered by Fuddruckers
1:00 pm Show Weight Cards are Due
1:15 pm – 4:00 pm Concurrent Species Workshops
4:00 pm Adjourn
Sunday: December 7, 2014
9:00 am All Shows Begin!!!
The Southern Classic Beef, Lamb, Goat and Swine Clinic and Prospect Show is designed to provide an educational opportunity for 4-H and FFA families needing experience in the show ring. The weekend includes educational programs mixed with competitive experiences designed to prepare youth for their ultimate experience, “The County Youth Livestock Show”. The Southern Classic is open to all 4-H and FFA families and is ALMOST FREE OF CHARGE!
- Provide 4-H and FFA Livestock Exhibitors with an opportunity to experience the Local County Livestock Show prior to actual competing with their market livestock project.
- Ensure that Brazos area youth have the opportunity to learn skills necessary for being competitive in the Youth Livestock Show.
- Provide 4-H and FFA Livestock Exhibitors with an opportunity to show their livestock projects locally prior to the county youth livestock project show.
- Engage volunteers and youth leaders in a peer to peer educational opportunities
4 ways to register:
- FFA Members and Parents: enter online using 4-H Connect. No 4-H Membership Required. You will set up a “new profile” on the site and the “role” you will select is: “Non 4-H member/family”
- 4-H Members and Parents: Enter through 4-H Connect using your 4-H enrollment account. The southern classic event is available for selection. Remember you are registering the whole family, so do it under one profile only.
- Register on Site: Do nothing online, but the fee is $40.00 per family.
Southern Classic Committee:
Cattle: Jerod Meurer & Keeton Ehrig
Sheep: Dusty Tittle & Chadd Caperton
Goats: Reggie Lepley
Swine: John Grange
Registration: Kristy Titzman
Rabbits: Kim Hall