Date: April 26, 2013
Location: Alvin Community College
3110 Mustang Rd
Alvin, TX 77511
Entry/Registration Deadline: April 7, 2013
Food Show report forms need to be in the District Office no later than April 7, 2013. Entry and payment should be made through 4-H Connect by April 7, 2013.
Food Show Entry Fee: $15.00
Display Contest Entry Fee: $5.00
The food and nutrition project helps participants learn to make healthy food choices, reduce disease and illness risks, and gain knowledge of nutrition. Major learning experiences are centered around nutrition, menu planning, food buying and preparation, food safety, careers, and cultural influences. The Food Show is open to all 4-H members. The Food Show provides for educational and personal development and recognizes youth who excel in the 4-H Food and Nutrition program.
- Food Show begins Friday April 26 at 1:00 p.m. Judges and contest officials please arrive to the Food Show Contest rooms by 12:30 p.m.
- Contestants please review the Food Show Interview Schedule online at the District Roundup web site. Your interview times will be posted online.
- Overall District Roundup registration at the main Roundup hub (Student Center) is open beginning at 11:00 a.m. For Contestant Interview arrival at the Food Show Contest rooms (Building G Liberal Arts Room 171), please check-in 20 minutes prior to your scheduled interview time.
- Contestant Interview times are posted online for your planning convenience. For instance, if your interview is at 2:20 pm, you would not be required to check in at the Food Show contest room at 1:00. Give yourself 20 minutes to get checked in at the Food Show contest rooms.
- Microwaves are located at the Student Center only. Gloves are not required for serving judges if you use a utensil to plate your food. The contest will provide small serving plates for the judges, but please bring your own tray. Please plan accordingly. Do NOT dump food in the bathrooms or down the sinks – use the contest area trash cans only please.
District 9 4-H Food Show Committee:
Tonya Poncik – Co Chair, Lee County
Caroline Cruz – Co Chair, Montgomery County
Flora Williams, Brazos County
Amy Ressler, Burleson County
Brandon Brashear, Madison County
Meredith Henry, Walker County
2013 D9 Food Show Judging Schedule
Room Set Up