National 4-H Congress is held annually in Atlanta, Georgia over the Thanksgiving holidays. The program combines a variety of fun and exciting educational, recreational and networking opportunities. The program combines sessions, seminars, discussion groups, and a service learning experience. The nation’s most outstanding community leaders, speakers, and educators present the most current and timely information available.
- To improve the ability of teen 4-H youth to express themselves in written and verbal forms of communication that are necessary and important “life skills” for today and in the future.
- To increase the awareness of the importance of Leadership, Citizenship, and Community Service in 4-H Youth Development.
- Youth who possess the maturity to interact with other youth from different regions, cultures, experiences and beliefs.
- Youth in grades 9-12 at time of event, November 23-28, 2017.
- Youth must still be in high school during the time of the trip.
- Must have approval of county Extension Office/4-H Coordinator
Online Application Opens: March 1, 2017
Online Application Closes: April 16, 2017
Interviews Announced: April 28, 2017
Interviews during Roundup: TBD
Delegation Announced: June 8, 2017
Deposit (1st Payment) due ($750.00): June 30, 2017
Final (2nd Payment) due (balance of $1,000-1,500*): July 31, 2017 (donor/sponsor search underway; final registration amount to be announced by May 1, but will not exceed $1,500)